Thursday, June 30, 2005

Beach movies

They don't make beach movies anymore. I wonder if they would come off as being silly or campy? Ski Party is my favorite of all the beach movies. This appears to be the first film where Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello aren't romantically involved. In fact, Annette plays an older school teacher in this film with only a small role. I guess her contract called for that. Gotta stick to those contracts. The film had some great songs in it and it wasn't the typical every 5 minutes break into a song kinda movie. The beach movies always included a musical guests, from Little Stevie Wonder to James Brown who appears in Ski Party singing I Feel Good. Does that bring back memories. I used to impersonate James Brown at family gatherings. Those were the days. The film has its silly moments, but its still entertaining. Tonights feature will be Meatballs. The weekends line up will be The Bone Collector, The Karate Kid, Selena and Independence Day. Next week I'll do serial killers, Gacy, Dahmer, Red Dragon, The Cell and The Boys Next Door. Thanks for stopping by, keep an open mind.

No comments: