Sunday, June 19, 2005

They shoot horses don't they?

It has been years since I've seen this film. This is only the second time that I'm watching it. The film stars, Jane Fonda, Gig Young, Michael Sarrazin, Susannah York, Bruce Dern, Bonnie Bedelia and Red Buttons. The film is based on a novel by Horace McCoy. It was one of the most depressing films I had seen until of course I discovered To Live. They shoot horses don't they takes places inside of a gymnasium in the depression era and for those that don't have money, a marathon is their way of getting some food and a place to sleep. There is also the possibility of winning the prise of $1500.00. It's a story of survival, about betrayal, making friends and losing friends. It's a story of hope and dispair. What is one's purpose in life and how far would you go to help someone you don't really know. It's a film with a lot to digest. If you haven't seen it, give it a look see. Thanks for stopping by, keep an open mind. I'm thinking about combining the journals again. Let me know if you would prefer that or to leave each journal separately. I want to make my readers happy. Tonights feature will be My Giant with Billy Crystal.

No comments: