Monday, June 20, 2005

Longtime Companion

I watched the film Longtime Companion and each time I see it, I feel differently. When I first saw the film I had only known one person who had died of AIDS. By the time I had seen it the second time, I knew of someone who was living with AIDS and now that I've watched it probably for the 4th time, I know several people living with AIDS and many close friends who have passed on. I was angry when I lost one good friend because he was so young. He had a great modeling career ahead of him, but that wasn't the plan. The others were older and had lived adventureous lives, but they are still missed. Over 250,000 people are living with the HIV in Louisiana alone. Half of those don't even know they have it. As I've written before, safety is the key and the virus is only passed through blood contact. The risk is that if someone has dental problems, you may want to substain from kissing as blood can be transmitted through the saliva. Any breaks or tears in the skin can leave openings for blood to enter or flow out. Scientific studies have some a long way and people can survive even if they have AIDS, but they key is to being healthy, stress free and drug free. If you haven't seen the film Longtime Companion give it a look. It is one of the better films dealing with the subject. Thanks for stopping by, keep an open mind. Lend your support in helping people with AIDS. Make donations or volunteer in your community. Every little bit helps.

No comments: