Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Never use your real name

That's the catch phrase in the film, The Velocity of Gary. The film stars Thomas Jane, Vincent D'onofrio, Olivia D'obo and the lovely Salma Hayek. I saw this film at SIFF many years ago and I was not happy with it when I saw it the first time, but it has grown on me. It hold special meaning mainly because I had met Salma Hayek for the second time at that point and I saw Dan Ireland approach her to be a part of the project. Thomas Jane has come full circle, from a hustler to drug dealer to shark slayer and comic hereo. He's an uninhibited actor who has done some great work. Some of the film is rather campy, but its a good story with good visuals. Give the film a look see. Thanks for stopping by, keep an open mind. Tonights feature will be Somewhere in Africa.

No comments: