Friday, January 20, 2006

Runaway Jury

There aren’t a lot of great movies that have been filmed entirely in New Orleans. There aren’t a lot of great movies that even feature New Orleans. Usually it’s a jazz funeral, Mardi Gras parade, voodoo or cemeteries. Live and Let Die, The Killer Bees, Candyman, Farewell to the Flesh, A Streetcar Named Desire, Cat People, Easy Rider, Tight Rope, Drum, Monsters Ball, Murder at the Mardi Gras and Pretty Baby to name a few. Most of the films get the accent wrong or they pronounce the streets differently. I like how a character can stay on one side of town and walk to another side. They’d be exhausted. Runaway Jury starts off kind of foolish. I’ve hesitated to purchase this film, but I found it at a good price. I paid around $6.00. Unless its something I don’t want to take a chance not getting I usually pay the price. I wish I had done that with Priest and now I’m having the hardest time getting it added to my collection. So I keep trying. Runaway Jury stars Dustin Hoffman, Gene Hackman, John Cusack, Luiz Guzman, New Orleans locals Audela Gautier and Carol Sutton and many others. It turns out to be an interesting film. The film is taken from a novel by John Grisham. Give it a look see. Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind.

No comments: