Sunday, January 22, 2006

Ordinary People

Ordinary People - This is one of those films that when it first came out I wasn’t interested in seeing. I didn’t know any of the stars, well I did know Mary Tyler Moore, but the story just didn’t seem to be something I was interested in. I was used to action pictures, some comedies, but serious drama I wasn’t into at the time. After seeing Taps, Falcon and the Snowman, Iceman, I became a fan of Timothy Hutton. So I had to see the film in which he was nominated for an Oscar. When we are young there are just certain things we can’t relate to, that we can when we think we are all grown up. Depression, death, weren’t prevalent in my life at the time. At least not to a degree where I couldn’t cope. The film is about love, understanding, compassion and control. The film deals with the psyche and how we all at some point blame ourselves for events that we actually have no control over. If you haven’t seen this film I suggest you give it a look see. If you have seen it, why not see it again. Share it with a friend and see how your life has changed. Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind. Tonight’s feature: Rainman. Coming soon: Havoc, Lady Sings the Blues, Oxygen, Harlem Nights, Above the rim and Steel Magnolia’s.

No comments: