Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday the 13th

1-13-05 Oh my, it’s Friday the 13th, the first one of the year. I was going to buy Friday the 13th part 2 and 3, but they were gone when I went back to get them. I was going to buy them used of course. I only buy new films if I am in a hurry or fear the film may not become available used. I still have not run across the Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy new or used. I need to revise my list again. I went out and bought The White Shadow, but I stumbled across some other interesting films and so I need to eliminate something from my list. I picked up a film with Dorothy Dandridge that should be interesting, Island in the Sun. I’ve only seen her in Carmen, which was directed by Otto Preminger. Tonight I watched the remake of the film, The Longest Yard. Let me start by saying I never saw the original all the way through. I wasn’t really a fan of Burt Reynolds. Something about him I didn’t like. I do remember seeing Smokey and the Bandit and Sharkey’s machine, but that was on television. I have seen Deliverance twice now, but it was because of the story, not Burt Reynolds. Burt does appear in the remake and he actually looks better than I’ve ever seen him. In the film Striptease he looked so fake. Too much plastic surgery. I didn’t buy this film and it won’t be a part of my collection. I borrowed it from my nephew. I am a fan of Chris Rock and Nelly has a few speaking parts. It’s an entertaining film. I’m not a big fan of Adam Sandler either, but I did enjoy him in Punch Drunk Love. So, if you’re sitting around and not sure what to watch, pop in The Longest Yard for a few laughs and lots of hard hitting football action. I’m going to play the next few nights by ear. My nephew has a few films I haven’t seen, so I may borrow them from his collection. Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind.

No comments: