Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Sea Inside

I watched this film starring Javier Bardem, which is based on a true story. This is not a film I would have bought for my collection. It was a good film and quite educational. I am so glad I did not have to go through this. The film deals with a person's right to die. Ramon Sampedro was the first Spaniard to fight for his right to die with dignity. It was a 30 year campaign that was not acknowledged by the court. He got a group of friends together and they set everything up. Sort of like the Event except there was no party and he died alone, by using cyanide. Death and the right to die is another issue that the church always seems to step in and then the government doesn't want to seem like a rebel so they don't want to do the wrong thing. We as a people are slowly losing our rights. This is a tear jerker for those of you that get emotional. If you've ever been in a position to take care of someone that is ill or feel you might be in that position, I highly recommend this film. Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind.

No comments: