Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Cement Garden

This film is in no way to be confused with the film, The Secret Garden. I saw The Cement Garden over 15 years ago at the Uptown Square Cinema, which of course no longer exists. I'm always interested in those bizaar controversial films. This film was oneof them and I'm so glad I stumbled across it. It's an interesting story of a boy discovering his sexuality and becoming obessed with self pleasure. He soon develops an attraction to his sister. As the two are forced into the role of mother and father, growing up and being a kid become a struggle. I don't want to give anything away in this film. It's best if you make up your own mind. It's a dark, dark film with some true to life issues. If you love film then you have to see this film. There is a little nudity, cross dressing, slight mental abuse, incest and death.

Thanks for stopping by, keep an open mind. Tonight I'll finally sit down to watch Bad Boy Bubby. I'm not sure what impact this film will have on me now. It's been 8 years since I've seen this film.

No comments: