Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Life is like a box of chocolates

I finally opened Forest Gump today and watched it. Yes, you read correctly. I buy movies to have in my collection, but I don't always watch them immediately. And a film like Forest Gump needs my full attention. At 141 mins it was interesting watching it for the second time. It meant more now that I'm older than when I saw it the first time and I've experienced similar situations. I did get one surprise. The little boy that played Forest Gump's son was Haley Joe Osmant. Of course this was pre The Sixth Sense, the film he'll be remembered most for. This was also the second time that Sally Field and Tom Hanks worked together. Do you know the other film?

Once again we find a mother doing her best to have her child believe he is normal. Still I wonder, what is normal? No one knows everything. In fact even the person with the highest I Q doesn't know what may be important to someone who's I Q isn't so high. The mind, as I've mentioned before is one of those things that we don't understand, just like people and human behavior. I think its more important to know something about everything than to know a lot about one thing. Broadens your perspective on things.

If you didn't guess the film, it was Punchline. Sally Field and Tom Hanks play stand up comics. Thanks for stopping by, keep an open mind.

No comments: