Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Truth About Charlie

Last night I didn’t watch a film, I was taking care of some other business. From time to time I do find some things that maybe just a little more important than watching a movie, but that is rare. LOL. Tonight I was having problems with the laptop so luckily I was able to watch the television and use the DVD player. I watched The Truth About Charlie which starred Mark Whalberg, Thandie Newton, and Tim Robbins. It’s an okay film, not one of Mark Whalberg’s best. Rockstar and Boogie Nights are tops on my list followed by The Big Hit and Fear. The Truth About Charlie is a remake of Charade. Seems Mark has been involved in two remakes, the first being The Italian Job. It’s an interesting thriller directed by Johnathan Demme. I’ll have to watch it again because the DVD did skip a few times even on the DVD player. I’ll also try cleaning my laptop DVD/CD Rom drive and see if that helps. Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind.

2-13, Oxygen was the film for last night. The first stars Adrien Brody, Maura Tierney, and Terry Kinney. It’s an interesting story, more of a psychological thriller. We wait to see whether or not the victim will be found dead or alive. It’s a mind game between a kidnapper/killer and a cop with a dark side. Adrien Brody is great on screen in one of his earlier roles. If you’re not familiar with Adrien’s work, check out, Summer of Sam, The Pianist in which he won an Oscar or Ten Benny. Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind.

No comments: