Saturday, July 9, 2005

Is it me?

I often wonder when people recommend a book or movie that is supposed to be so great and I read or watch it, but don't see it as such. Is there something wrong with me? My movie list for the week is as follows, The Cell, South Central, Drumline, The Secret Windo, The Silence of the Lambs, Dahmer, Red Dragon, Gacy, Hannibal and The Pianist. Currently I'm watching the Sopranos, I was told this was a great series and the writing was good, etc., etc. I like some of the cast members, but its not as well written as Oz. In fact, some of the stars from Oz are popping up on the show. Maybe I like Oz because I'm familiar with people going in and out of prison. I don't know much about mob life, but I do like the idea of a character seeing a psychiatrist. It reminds me of a piece I wrote many years ago. I'm also using it in Pieces of Reality which I'm working on. (It's the longest writing project I've ever encountered. Can't seem to push myself.)

I'll watch the first season of the Sopranos and see if it makes me want more. I'm gonna wait awhile before I buy the 5th Season of Oz, the price is too high. Thanks for stopping by, keep an open mind.

No comments: