Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Catching up on film

I've been away for a while because AOL made some changes and I couldn't access my journal the way I used to. Anyway, I'm  back. It's been so hot in New Orleans that I've been camped out in my bedroom watching some TV and videos. This week I watched Alive, Axeon Flux, The Arena, and My Best Friend's Wedding. I picked up Bad Boy Bubby today at Best Buy, it was $15.99 the cheapest price I had seen. I didn't want to take a chance not buying the film hoping the price would go down. I'm having the hardest time finding such films as johns, Priest and even Beautiful Thing because the prices were high when I first saw them. It has taken almost ten years for Bad Boy Bubby to make it into the homes of the fool serious movie goer. (I wonder if Love and Human Remains is coming soon?) This is an interesting film that is sure to have a cult following. The film stars Australian actor, Nicholas Hope. It was directed by Rolf de Heer. I had the opportunity 10 years ago to sit down with Rolf de Heer and Nicholas Hope. It was that conversation and forming of a friendship that helped get me to Australia. The one thing about actors is that if your just starting out you want to take work when its available. That means plans change at the drop of a hat. I'm used to that so it didn't hinder my trip down under. Until the heat subsides I'm not sure what I'll be watching. So check back often for a list once I move back into my theater. Thanks for stopping by, keep an open mind.

No comments: