Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Dreams, dreaming, day dreams

The Dreamers, is a film by Bernardo Bertulucci. The visuals in this film are incredible. There is some great editing as scenes are recreated from classic films and mixed in with the stories, games and dreams of our main characters. The lead in the film from a distance reminds you of Leonardo DiCaprio. The film deals with art, politics, sex, sexual awareness and love. The film is set in the late 60's as three film buffs become friends, roommates and then lovers. This film is not for everyone. This is art at its best. The film deals with incest, betrayal, jealousy, happiness and death. Check this film out if you haven't already. There are two versions of the film, the R rated version and the NC-17 version. Can you guess which one I purchased? When ever I buy a movie it has to be the controversial edition and in wide screen or letter boxed. I'm still trying to get my hands on the uncut version of Priest. The theatrical release in the U S was 98 minutes and the International release is 105 minutes. My curiosity gets the best of me to see what was added. I did the same thing with Showgirls. I know, but I'm a sucker for controversy. And it wasn't really that bad of a film. It was sort of the female version of Stayin Alive. I just love film and I can always find something good in it. Costumes, set design, location, actors, etc. Thanks for stopping by, keep an open mind. Don't stop dreaming.

No comments: