Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Happy 40th SIFF Part Seven

(Guests at one of the parties I attended during SIFF)


Life. Flashed Before Your Eyes. May 13 - June 6.

This was the 25th anniversary of SIFF. Paul Schell was now the Mayor of Seattle. I appeared in the Fool Serious Guide To Familiar Faces.
(Films for the festival had been expanded to the Pacific Place Cinema)

The program was bigger, but the pages had a matt finish. Some of the films that I saw were: The Red Violin (DDDD) Canada, Italy, UK and Austria. Run Lola Run (DDDDD) Germany, Get Bruce a documentary on Bruce Valance (DDDD), Creature one of my all time favorite documentaries. About a guy who gets a sex change and goes home to see his family (DDDDD) It’s a touching story. Beefcake (DDDD), Better Than Chocolate (DDD), The Adventures of Sebastian Cole (DDD), Desert Blue (DDDD) including the next batch of rising stars Kate Hudson, Christina Ricci, Sara Gilbert and Casey Affleck. It‘s a story of young kids in a small town with nothing to do. Freak Talks About Sex (DDDD), The Loss of Sexual Innocence (D), Saturn (DDDDD) I really enjoyed this film which starred Scott Caan. I could really relate to it. The Secret Life of Girls (DDDD) I had photographed and met Linda Hamilton and Majandra Delfino stars of the film, but unfortunately none of the pictures came out. It does happen from time to time. Twin Falls Idaho (DDDD), Following (DDD)Great Britain, Get Real (DDDD) Great Britain, Besieged (DDDD) Italy, Of Freaks and Men (DDD) Russia,
(Actor Douglas Spain on the boat. You may recognize Douglas Spain from But I'm a Cheerleader and Star Maps.)

There was a party on a boat and there I met several people in the film industry as we cruised around Lake Washington. From the Mayor’s Film and Video office we received a complimentary journal. Donna James was the director at the time.

(Sean and Robin were leaving the Egyptian theater when I took this picture. There is a story that goes behind my meeting with the couple.)

SIFF allowed me many networking opportunities. I met a lot of interesting people and I created some lasting friendships.



Here is my new rating system. DDDDD highly recommend. DDDD It should be watched. DDD Entertaining DD So, so if you like the stars. D Just out of curiosity watch it.
(I like all movies. Even those that most people don’t like, it makes for great conversation.)


Check out my other blogs:
http://ArtbyDlonzo.blogspot.com
http://dlonzo-OpenYourMind.blogspot.com



Thanks for stopping by, and do come back again or become a follower. Remember to keep an open mind.

No comments: