Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Happy 40th SIFF Part Five


May 15 - June 8, 1997 “Everything You Are About To See Is True”
(This was the cover of the program. Below is my interpretation of this cover because I thought it was interesting.)


Gary Locke was Governor and Norman B. Rice was still Mayor. There were a few celebrities I was meeting for the first time and some I had met before. I was also making new friends, but at the time I had no idea how long the friendships would last.
(This was one of my favorite films from 1995, based upon this article in the New York Post.)

Some of the movies that I saw were, East Side Story, License to Kill, I met Tara Fitzpatrick, who directed, produced and wrote, Scratch The Surface (DDDD) a documentary on the modeling industry.
Sick: the life & death of Bob Flanegan Super masochist (DDD) This film is everything the title implies. If you were every curious about sadomasochism this is the film to watch. Be warned it isn’t for the weak. Shall We Dance? (DDDD) Japan, this is the original not the remake with Jennifer Lopez and Richard Gere. Lillies (DDD) Canada, Different for Girls (DDD) Great Britain, The Full Monty (DDDD) Great Britain, The Pillow Book (DDDDD) Great Britain, this has become my all time favorite Peter Greenaway film. This is the epitome of the art of film making. Dogs are Colorblind (DDD) Israel, Black Circle Boys (D)

 Breaking Up (D) this would be the second time that I would meet Russell Crowe and Salma Hayek. I would also witness Dan Ireland making a deal wit Salma Hayek to star in a film.

Defying Gravity (DDDD), Dream With The Fishes (DDD) I met David Arquette.

 A Gun, A Car, A Blonde (DD), In The Company of Men (DDDD), The Myth of Finger Prints (DDD), Somewhere in the City (D) I believe this is the year I met Sandra Bernhard.

Star Maps (DDDD), Still Breathing (DDD) I met Brendan Fraser, Twisted (DDD), The Watermelon Woman (DDDD). Twin Town (DDD) Wales



Here is my new rating system. DDDDD highly recommend. DDDD It should be watched. DDD Entertaining DD So, so if you like the stars. D Just out of curiosity watch it.
(I like all movies. Even those that most people don’t like, it makes for great conversation.)


Check out my other blogs:
http://ArtbyDlonzo.blogspot.com
http://dlonzo-OpenYourMind.blogspot.com


The Seattle International Film Festival will celebrate it’s 40th year in May of 2014. I’ll review some of my favorite films. And talk about my experiences from 1993 - 1999. Continuing with part six next week.

Thanks for stopping by, and do come back again or become a follower. Remember to keep an open mind.

No comments: