Monday, September 30, 2013

Audrey Hepburn

 I’m not sure if its Audrey Hepburn’s birthday or the anniversary of her death. (Is she still living?) In any case I’ve been fortunate enough to now get to see some of her films.
I remember earlier this year seeing a film that was set in Italy. But I’m not sure if it was called Love Italian Style or who was in it. It was on and I think I may have been channeling surfing that day. I do that a lot since most of what I watch has commercials and sometimes they don’t interest me.

Sabrina stars Miss Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart and William Holden. It’s a much better than the remake in my opinion. I know there are people that just don’t like black and white films, but that’s what makes them classics. You get to put your imagination to work and envision the colors.

Wait Until Dark stars Miss Hepburn, Alan Arkin, Efram Zimbalist and Richard Crenna. Audrey Hepburn plays a blind woman that holds a doll that some criminals are interested in. A game is played to get her to reveal that she does have the doll in her possession so that they can retrieve the contents. I vaguely remember seeing this film when I was younger. It has a few great moments and Alan Arkin gets to be comedic as all of the Roat’s men. I wonder if he and Peter Sellers were ever considered for some of the same films. They seem to have the same delivery of their lines.

Next month I am hoping I will get a chance to see Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Funny Face. I want to see BAT because I didn’t know Truman Capote had written it and actually wanted to be in the film. I’ll be watching Capote later today with Phillip Seymour Hoffman. (I’ve seen the film several times.)

I want to see Funny Face because it is based on Photographer Richard Avedon and although I’ve only come to know who he is in the last 10 years, I really like his work. I am really looking forward to seeing both films and possibly adding them to my collection.

Here is my new rating system. DDDDD highly recommend. DDDD It should be watched. DDD Entertaining DD So if you like the stars. D Just out of curiosity watch it.
(I like all movies. Even those that most people don’t like, it makes for great conversation.)


Thanks for stopping by and keep an open mind. Become a follower while you are here.

No comments: