Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday the 13th

I haven’t started watching movies that played at SIFF yet. I will soon begin watching horror films, it’s what I do in the month of October.  I’ve already begun making my list of my classic films I like to watch. I will do a Friday the 13th marathon, but I only have four films in my collection and one of the remakes. After the 4th film I just got bored with it. I went to see Jason takes Manhattan because someone had reported that Vanity was in the film, but that wasn’t the case at all. Shame on them for making me waste my money. I recently bought Friday the 13th II only because I had three and four. The reason 3 was in my collection was because I was working for Paramount’s insurance company and one of my jobs was to count movie tickets. Movie theaters were selling tickets for one movie, but passing them off for another. See, movie theaters make an agreement to carry a movie for a certain amount of time, but if that film isn’t making any money and people aren’t buying food from the concession stand then the theater doesn’t make money. If they can show a film isn’t doing well then they can get rid of it.

I must have seen Friday the 13th about a dozen or more times. It was during that revitalization phase of 3-D back in the early 80’s. I liked the theme song so much that I would request that my favorite radio station play it. I don’t recall ever seeing a soundtrack for the film because I certainly would have gotten it.

The first Friday the 13th featured Kevin Bacon and the fourth Friday the 13th featured Corey Feldman, and Crispin Glover. This is my favorite of the movies only because of the last 15 minutes of the film. I was thinking about getting the 5th installment, A new beginning because Jason finally arrives while the kids are at the camp and there’s that one scene where he is chasing the children.

My marathon will start around noon, Once I add up the time it may start earlier. Once I get back from church I will decide. Movies tvnetwork was having their own marathon of horror films. Some I had never seen or even heard of. Phase IV, Bugs, and Day of the Animals.

Here is my new rating system. DDDDD highly recommend. DDDD It should be watched. DDD Entertaining DD So so if you like the stars. D Just out of curiosity watch it.
(I like all movies. Even those that most people don’t like, it makes for great conversation.)


Thanks for stopping by and keep an open mind. Become a follower while you are here.



No comments: