Sunday, September 15, 2013

What I've been watching

I watched a few movies on movies tv network that I hadn’t seen before. One such film was Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte. It starred Bette Davis and Olivia De Havilland, Agnes Moorehead, Josephy Cotton and Bruce Dern. I didn’t know what to make of this film. I guess it’s what one would call camp. To see Miss Dehavilland as a villain just seem totally out of character. It just didn’t really work for me. It was a fun film, as the viewer watches to see who is driving who crazy.

I’m guessing Bette Davis’ career was on a downward spiral at this point. She made Whatever Happened to Baby Jane in 1962 and Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte in 1964. Of course every actor goes through a period where they just need to work or they have an obligation with a studio.

Another film that I saw was Queen Bee which starred Joan Crawford. The only film I ever recall seeing with Joan Crawford was Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. I had heard of Mildred Pierce, but I haven’t gotten around to seeing it. Maybe I should check the library to see if they have a copy. Joan Crawford stars as a southern woman in love with a man she can’t have, but she does whatever she can to get him. The dialogue is kind of campy, but its an interesting film.

I like movies the TV network because it is allowing me to see films that were made before I was born. Some I remember vaguely watching as a baby. Check your local listings to see if anything you like is coming on.

Here is my new rating system. DDDDD highly recommend. DDDD It should be watched. DDD Entertaining DD So if you like the stars. D Just out of curiosity watch it.
(I like all movies. Even those that most people don’t like, it makes for great conversation.)


Thanks for stopping by and keep an open mind. Become a follower while you are here.

No comments: