Monday, September 23, 2013

Lights, Camera, Action!!!

This weekend was another great weekend for watching movies and seeing a few I had never seen before. Moviestvnetwork is my new best friend.
 (This is a banner from the Disney exhibit that took place at the New Orleans Museum of Art, NOMA a few years back)

I think the only Audrey Hepburn film I ever saw was Gigi if my memory serves me right. I was a baby, but I remember the black and white dress. Perhaps that was part of the reason I was enthralled with black and white in the 80’s. I was also getting into the Asian way of doing things, Feng Shui, looking for balance, etc.

This weekend I saw Sabrina with Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart and William Holden. I had seen the remake, with Julia Ormond, Harrison Ford and Greg Kinear. I don’t remember it very well, but I will remember the original. It’s an interesting tale of love, money, class and business politics.

Next month Moviestvnetwork will run two other films starring Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Funny Face which I’ve never seen either. I can’t wait.

Absence of Malice (DDD) was an interesting film starring Paul Newman, Sally Field, Bob Balaban, Wilford Brimley, and Melina Dillon. It’s a story about freedom of the press and politics. Once something is written its hard for people to change their mind.

I decided to stay up to see Come Back Little Sheba. This film stars Burt Lancaster and Shirley Booth in her Oscar winning performance. This was quite the film. I was really immersed into the characters. Shirley Booth’s performance as well as Burt Lancaster was excellent. Other than the film being in black and white I don’t feel the film is very dated. People are still getting married because they make a mistake. Perhaps the pressure isn’t as prevalent, but it happens. They hold on to the person they are with because they feel they are too old to find someone else or just don’t want to hassle of getting back into the dating scene. There are a lot of people that just feel that no one else will love them.
I highly recommend this film if you have never seen it. DDDDD





Here is my new rating system. DDDDD highly recommend. DDDD It should be watched. DDD Entertaining DD So if you like the stars. D Just out of curiosity watch it.
(I like all movies. Even those that most people don’t like, it makes for great conversation.)


Thanks for stopping by and keep an open mind. Become a follower while you are here.

No comments: