Monday, October 7, 2013

Audrey Hepburn II

 Well it finally happened. I was able to see most of Breakfast at Tiffany’s (DDDD). I definitely want to see it again from the beginning and then I may add it to my collection. At the time it was a very controversial film. There are some great moments in the film.
Also got to see Funny Face (DDD). I didn’t know this was a musical. I should have guessed it since Fred Astaire was in the film, but I have seen a few films where he didn’t dance or sing. He’s dancing is great, but his singing voice isn’t that powerful. Maybe he wasn’t singing at all. Back then they did dubbing for actors that couldn’t sing.
Funny Face as I mentioned in the previous entry is loosely based on fashion photographer Richard Avedon. Fred Astaire plays Dick Avery a photographer who discovers a young woman played by Audrey Hepburn in a book shop. Her funny features make her unique and Dick makes her a star.
The imagery is great. I just thought some of the musical numbers were a bit long. I did enjoy the film.
(This image I took in New Orleans back in 2008. The final touches were being put into place on a house in the French Quarter.)
My horror fest continues. I did a double feature and watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Next Generation (D) with Mathew McConaughey and Renee Zellweger. I then watched Anaconda (DD) with Jennifer Lopez, Ice Cube, Jon Voight, Owen Wilson and Eric Stoltz. As much as I am not a fan of remakes, every now and then someone gets it right and does a better job. The remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre I really like. I may watch it today. I've seen it many times.

Here is my new rating system. DDDDD highly recommend. DDDD It should be watched. DDD Entertaining DD So if you like the stars. D Just out of curiosity watch it.
(I like all movies. Even those that most people don’t like, it makes for great conversation.)


Thanks for stopping by and keep an open mind. Become a follower while you are here.

No comments: