Tuesday, October 29, 2013

D's Horror fest continues

As the horror fest begins to wind down, I’ve got quite a few movies to watch if I choose. This is what is on my agenda.

Sunday night-The Rocky Horror Picture Show,(DDDD) I watched the UK version.

Monday night- Rosemary’s Baby, (DDDD) I was 9 years old when I saw this film for the first time. I didn’t really understand what was going on, but there are some visuals that stayed with me. Last year my cousin and I questioned my aunt about why they took us to see certain movies at a certain age. Adults still want to have a life and sometimes kids fall asleep at the movies.

Tuesday night- Night of the Living Dead,(DDDD) This is not just a horror film it makes a political statement. It’s about race, class and who calls the shots.

Wednesday- Halloween (DDDDD) and Halloween II, (DDD) Halloween is the ultimate in horror movies for me. There’s something in the fact that a human being can kill at such a young age and want to continue to do it. It’s not some made up character. Michael Myers could be anyone. The sequel is not as great, but its Jamie Lee Curtis.

Thursday night- Halloween H20 (DDDDD) and Halloween Resurrection, (DDDD) Halloween H20 takes place 20 years later and brings us all the stuff we loved about the first Halloween. Michael is back to kill is sister, his nephew and his friends. Jamie Lee Curtis returns for this one. There are some great moments in this one. There is a slight homage to Psycho as Janet Leigh, Jamie’s real mother appears in the film.

Halloween Resurrection tries to bring reality TV into the horror world. It has its moments. This film stars Bhusta Rhymes, and Tyra Banks.



Here is my new rating system. DDDDD highly recommend. DDDD It should be watched. DDD Entertaining DD So if you like the stars. D Just out of curiosity watch it.
(I like all movies. Even those that most people don’t like, it makes for great conversation.)


Thanks for stopping by and keep an open mind. Become a follower while you are here.

No comments: