Sunday, July 23, 2006

Double Feature

Flawless and The Wings of the Dove. Since I didn't leave the house I decided to watch a couple of films. I haven't been able to put my hands on American History X. I was sure I had it. I settled for The WIngs of the Dove with Linus Roache, Helena Bonham Carter, Elizabeth McGovern, Alisha Elliot and Charlotte Rampling. It's a film of love, friendship, and betrayal. Set in London and Venezia, Italy, it's a stunning film with great visuals.

Flawless is one of those films I never thought I would like. It stars Philip Seymour Hoffman and Robert Deniro. It's a weird story that most people can relate to. We all have types of people we don't like and we tend to have to be in their company for some reason. Flawless is that type of film. Philip Seymour Hoffman plays a drag queen in one of his greatest performances. Robert Deniro plays a cop who suffers a stroke and needs therapy from a music coach. When he can't get to the therapist he goes to the guy in the building. Lots of tension, a few laughs and good acting.

Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind.

No comments: