Thursday, July 20, 2006

Cool Hand Luke

As I continue to put my top 100 films together, I decided to watch the film, Cool Hand Luke. The film stars Paul Newman, George Kennedy, Martin Strother and Jo Van Fleet. It includes many familiar faces including a very young Dennis Hopper and Wayne Rogers. It's a film about loneliness, self destruction and covering up feelings. This must have been a controversial film for its time. Prison movies don't always capture everything that goes on. The camera gives you clues, you just have to follow along. If you haven't seen this film it is a must for every film lover. If you are a fan of Paul Newman this is one of his finest performances. I'll probably watch Cat on a Hot tin roof or The Towering Inferno. Seems lots of Paul Newman's films have temperatures in the title. LOL. Once my top 128 films has been cataloged I'll post them here. Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind.

No comments: