Sunday, November 6, 2005

Movies, movies and more movies

I've watched many movies just to pass the time, but nothing that made a great impact. During Halloween I did get to watch the classic of all horror films, Halloween with Jamie Lee Curtis and Donald Pleasance. It's the one film that was able to scare me even as an adult. I watched Wishmaster and Wishmaster II, I don't know why I put myself through that, but I do like movies. The special effects were ok. The acting a bit over the top. There's blood, guts and gore. If you're not a fan of horror films, stay away from these. I'll begin watching the TV series Dallas and then move on to Oz. I'll be starting from the beginning of Oz and watching all 5 seasons. I only have seasons one and two of Dallas. It'll be fun. I was crazy about Victoria Principle and Charlene Tilton. Dallas changed the face of night time TV, introducing men to the world of soap operas if they hadn't already discovered it when they had to stay home on occasion. I have quite a few movies to check out that I have not seen. There was one great film that I saw, the story of Boxing great, Joe Lewis, the Brown Bomber. The film is called Joe and Max about the fights between him and Max Schmeling. Leonard Roberts of Drumline fame plays Joe Louis and Til Schweiger plays Max. The film is from the director that brought us Hoop Dreams. It's a very interesting film that I highly recommend if you can find it. I'm stumbling across some great films to add to my collection. Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind.

No comments: