Monday, April 11, 2005

Blinded

I finally got to watch the film Ray. Jamie Foxx did deserve is Oscar for this role. It was Kerry Washington that really made me interested in seeing this film as well as Regina King. A lot of Ray was filmed in New Orleans. The Half Moon bar, the Gentilly neighborhood, the Orpheum and the Saenger both appear in the film as concert halls in other cities. A lot of the interiors of Seattle and New York are also filmed in New Orleans. The magic of Hollywood, it really is a world of make believe. Back in 1995 I believe, my best friend lost his eye sight. Ray Charles lost his sight at the age of 7, but my friend was a young adult when he lost his sight in a car accident. We were very close and I wasn't sure I could handle seeing him, but things worked out good. It made me a stronger person. I was amazed at how well he dealt with the situation. We never know how things will turn out and sometimes we say things to ourselves, if that had happened to me I don't know if I could make it. Of course we don't know until it happens. But being blind or having any type of handicap does not stop a person from living a good healthy life. Mentally, spiritually and sexually. To see him manuever in his 5 story home you would never guess that he was blind. Everything has to be carefully choreographed so that he can get around. His cats wore bells so he'd know where they were so he would not walk on them. But things happen over time. Just as Ray Charles didn't want to be left out in the pleasures his band members enjoyed he got hooked on smack, but he had his music to keep him busy. My friend had film, but I guess the drive wasn't there. I'm not sure what happened, but I had to accept the circumstances. That's what life is about. We take things for the way they are and we move on. But I always leave that window slightly opened. If you should rent or purchase Ray, some DVDs have the feature of extended play. It includes the scenes that were cut from the film. This will play differently on different DVD players. So don't think something is wrong with your player. It's the DVD. Thanks for stopping by, keep an open mind. Film pictures are coming soon. This weeks films, Vanilla Sky with Tom Cruise, Das Boot, Platoon, The Game, The War of the Roses, and Forest Gump

No comments: