Friday, May 5, 2006

The L Word

Everytime I buy a new season of a TV show I go back to the beginning and watch it all over. I can't wait for the 6th and 7th episodes of Oz. I'm waiting patiently. I had no idea it was still on the air. In the case of The L Word, I had no idea I would like this series. I stumbled across the first 8 episodes and I was hooked. The challenge was to see if I would find the remaining episodes of the 1st season. Yesterday I lucked out and found the last two episodes. Last night I began watching the show again. For those of you that don't know, the main reason I picked up this series is because Pam Grier is one of the stars. I've seen almost every film Pam Grier has ever made. I first saw Pam Grier on the big screen when I was 11 years old in the film Coffy. I was then hooked. I'm still trying to get my hands on films that just don't seem to surface. I do have a few on video that I taped. I'm hoping I can record them and create my own DVDs. Drum is one such film. It was a film made for boxer Ken Norton and filmed in NOLA and parts of Louisiana. It was the sequel to the film Mandingo. So, I'll take a break from regular film watching to watch The L Word. I'll be indoors this weekend so I'll have something to keep me busy. Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind.

No comments: