Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Shampoo & Queen of the Damned

I watched Shampoo for the first time. It just wasn't one of those films I was interested in. I wanted to see it, but I couldn't find it at the library. I was in Wal Mart, going through there $5.50 bin and I ran across it. I figure now would be a good time to get it. I need to watch it again because there were several interruptions during my viewing session. I hate that! LOL. Anyway, from what I saw the film is interesting. Warren Beatty's hair looked great. Goldie Hawn looked good in all those mini dresses as well as Julie Christie. It was Lee Grant that won an Oscar for her supporting role in this film. There are many familiar faces in the film including Jack Warden. Give it a look see if you've ever thought of a career in hair. It settles the myth about the impression people get of hair dressers. LOL.

Queen of the Damned stars Stuart Townsend and the late singer Aliyah. Now I am not a fan of Anne Rice. I wanted this film because it was Aliyah's last film. It's just a shame that this has to be her final project. She does look good in the film I must say. It's just not that good of a film. And who is Stuart Townsend? I've never heard of him and he isn't Tom Cruise. In this version The Vampire Lestat is a rock star. I'll leave it up to you if you wish to see this film. Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind.

No comments: