Saturday, March 18, 2006

Catching up

I've watched another episode of Miami Vice. They are going to do an updated version of the popular television series. Miami Vice changed the way we looked at television in the 80's. In the film version, Jamie Foxx and Colin Farell will star. Looks like it may be interesting. I watched the Bourne Supremecy, but it wasn't as good as The Bourne Identity. It does have moments. The films are based on the novels by Robert Ludlum which are very good. If you love espionage and intrigue then you'll enjoy the books. If you're a fan of Matt Damon then check out the film. That and the fact that Julia Stiles is in the film is why I purchased it. Last night I watched a film that I had never seen in its entirity. The film is called Penitentiary, which stars Leon Isaac Kennedy. I always thought his wife, the lovely Jayne Kennedy was in this film, but I was wrong. The film has moments and it did create a sequel which I did see because Playboy centerfold, Ola Ray had a small part in the film. It's good to go back from time to time to see those films that one enjoyed when they were younger. Some films hold up, such as Coffy which stars Pam Grier, but others fall short and are just seen as guilty pleasures which is the case of Blacula. The 70's was the age of Blaxploitation films and there were some good ones. I need to catalog some films now. Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind. Tonights feature might be the Feast of All Saints. Here are some films I'll be watching this week. Trapped with Kevin Bacon and Cherlize Theron, Queen of the Damned with the late singer Aliyah, The Piano II with Johnny Depp and The Legend of Bagger Vance with Will Smith.

No comments: