Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Crash and the Sahara

I've reviewed Crash before, but because I love movies so much, I don't mind watching films over and over and over... A good film is never boring and art well, I can just stare at art all day long. The message in Crash is so powerful and it makes you think. How many times do we need to be touched, held, told that we are loved? Nature forced that upon many people who needed to know they were loved and that people cared. There are signs and messages all around us. People are too rapped up into their jobs and things that don't mean %***!!^& and they are missing out on something that people need to survive. Crash stars, Larenz Tate, Don Cheadle, Terrence Howard, Brendan Fraser, Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Espisito, Beverly Todd, Ludacris, Thandie Newton, Matt Dillon, Ryan Philippe and Loretta Devine. It is a must see film!

Now as for Sahara, I had no intention of seeing this film. I was going to see it with my Brah in Hawaii, but we opted for Miss Congeniality 2 since he's a fan of Sandra Bullock. In any case he did finally see the film and told me about it. Having met Mathew recently here in Austin, Tx, and not having a film of his here and not knowing if my collection is safe I decided to buy a film that I did not have in the collection. So, I got Sahara. Mathew looks as good in person as he does on film. In fact he was wearing similar cargo pants the day I met him. If only I had my camera. Oh well, things happen for a reason. The film is quite interesting and the irony of Dr. John's song I was in the right place opening up the credits, made me homesick. Sahara stars Penelope Cruz and Steve Zahn. All stars are good in the film and it is quite entertaining. There are a few slow moments, but you can easily overlook that with all the great visuals. One day I hope to visit parts of Africa. I've always wanted to go on an African safari and photograph the animals up close and personal. It's what I do with people. LOL. If you have nothing better to do, sit back and check out the two films. Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind.

No comments: