Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Sorry for the delay

It's been a while, I know. If you've been reading the main journal then you'll know why. The first annual D & D DVD film festival was held in Kailua - Kona, Hawaii. Like most festivals the first one is sometimes hard to organize and keep a schedule going. Something comes up or changes are being made, but that's life. The films screened were An Ordinary Decent Criminal, with Kevin Spacey and Collin Ferrell. Redemption with a bunch of guys I've never heard of. It was based on a true story. The story was a good concept, but the film itself fell short. The acting was mediocre. Up the creek without a paddle was a hoot. Seth Green is so cool, but he is so short. Check him out in Party Monster, excellent performance, one of his best. Boondock Saints was another good film. I like Willem Defoe, the man has some incredible energy that just leaps off the screen. I shyed away from this film, but it was not what I expeceted. I did have some issues with the religious nature of the film, but I must now add it to my collection. Miss Congeniality 2 was another fun flick which took us to one of the local stadium seating movie houses. The film stars Sandra Bullock and Regina King as FBI agents trying to save a kidnapped beauty queen. Lots of laughs, I highly recommend it. Ray with Jaimie Foxx was a good relaxing film, lots of foot tapping. No celebrities showed up and there were no interviews, just lots of talking after the films between the two D's. I'd say it went quite well. Next year the festival is to be held in New Orleans. I'm counting on that.

No comments: