Wednesday, March 7, 2018


Today we taped the audio podcast of our picks and reasons behind our selections for the Oscars. I think everything went well since we were both in the same location. Hopefully everything went well and Tony can edit it out and get it posted. I didn't feel there were any pauses, but there were a few people in and out of the building while we were taping.


The podcast is now up on podbean, itunes and stitcher it's call Films Versus Movies. Check it out and follow me or Tony on social media.

here are the links for the podcasts - https://tdoug.podbean.com/

           https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/tony-douglas-presents-take-five

 https://itunes.apple.com/om/podcast/tdoug-podcast-network/id804851372?mt=2

We are not 6 days into the third month of the year. In a few days we'll be going through daylight saving time. The grass has grown back into the yard almost overnight and I'm going to have to use my time off to try to get it under control. There are so many things I need to do, but I haven't made the time to do that.

I feel as if I've written this before and don't want to be a broken record.

I was thinking about my situation and how so many people don't take responsibility for their choices. They always want to blame someone else. I can't blame anyone nor would I. Life is a constant journey filled with many learning experiences. I have to take things slow, one day at a time.

I want to create a schedule to work on my writing and do some reading. I need to create some greeting cards and there are a few other art projects I want to work on. I just have to stay focused.

SXSW is about to converge on Austin. It all starts Friday at ZACH, but before then there are events for the education sector with guest speakers. Spike Lee and Jordan Peele are both schedule to be a part of a panel. I'm not sure who will trickle over to ZACH. There is usually one or two red carpets.
As in the past whether I get to take pictures or see movies depends on when my shift ends and what is going on.

I've watched a lot of movies in the last few weeks so I'm taking it easy for a bit.

I've been a fan of This Is Us since the first episode. It's a show that everyone should be able to relate to. There is so much realism.
Tonight I got a surprise, Pam Grier is on the show in a small role. I was just talking about her at work. We were talking about favorite films by Quentin Tarrentino and of course Jackie Brown came up for someone.
It is no secret I am a very big fan of Pam Grier. Tonights episode deals with foster care. For some kids it can be a great thing, but there are some where life is not a bowl of cherries.

Having a family, a support system or a community of some sort is important. Families go through cycles. Some good some bad.



www.dlonzo-OpenYourMind.blogspot.com
www.ArtbyDlonzo.blogspot.com
www.filmlover4pg@blogspot.com
http://psychedmaster.org

Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind. Do return to see where the journey leads.

No comments: