Monday, February 1, 2016

It's black history month

(This painting was from an exhibit at the Blanton Museum in Austin, Texas, on Caribbean artists.)

I really don't feel we need to have a month to celebrate black history. Everyday there is a black person making history in some form. They may not realize the impact they are making at the time, but they'll see it in time.

Here are a list of 29 films I will be watching this month. Of course there are many black films that I have in my collection, but I watch them at other times during the year so that is the reason they are not a part of this list.

Create your own list and watch the films that are relevant to you.

I was trying to put the films in order to tell a story, but what I watch will be based on my mood. Some of the films are not easy to watch so I have to be in the right frame of mind.

Amistad, Lincoln, Glory, Miss Jane Pittman, The Color Purple, The Long Walk Home, Selma, The Soul of the Game, Josephine Baker, Lady Sings the Blues, Introducing Dorothy Dandridge, Malcolm X, The Great Debators, Rosewood, Ray, Mahogany, Men of Honor, Remember the Titans, Island in the Sun, The Defiant Ones, Something The Lord Has Made, The Mack, Brother to Brother, Boomerang, Dead Presidents, Get on the Bus, School Daze, and Ali.

Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind and check out my other blogs.

www.Artbydlonzo.blogspot.com

www.dlonzo-OpenYourMind.blogspot.com

follow me on FB or Twitter


No comments: