Thursday, January 21, 2016

Oscar Boycott

I don't know if boycotting is always the answer. I know there have been incidents in history where it has made a difference.
My issue with certain boycotts is that it affects someone who is trying to make a living. I remember when there was a boycott against She'll Oil in the 80's. There were young black people working there. Not purchasing gas would have possibly put their jobs in jeopardy. I will probably watch the Oscars since Chris Rock will be hosting. The programs that I watch depend who is on the show. There will be a lot more controversy about the Oscars. It'll be interesting to see who shows up and uses the platform to make a statement. I'm sure Chris Rock will have a good time with it all. He could be the only one. Not all blacks get to have that experience. I only saw one film in the movie theater and that was Straight Outta Compton. It was a very good film, but I can't say if it deserves an Oscar nomination. Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind and come back again. Follow me on Twitter or Facebook Dlonzo Oznold.

No comments: