Thursday, April 16, 2015

Over lapping blogs

Fruitvale Station (DDDD) -  I had heard about this film, but I didn’t know the story. So many films I’ve been watching have been relevant to what is happening in the world today. I often have conversations with family, friends and people I meet that eventually touch on those subjects. We all have opinions on the direction in which the world seems to be going. We ask ourselves if the world is worse than things were.
In my opinion, with technology being what it is today, it makes things seem worse. There has and always will be crime. We now hear and see it sooner in this digital age.
We used to have to wait for police reports to be filed or for someone to call 911. People are filming things as they happen. We are being bombarded with everything via the Internet, smart phones, texts and those that still use a television to get their news.
I new it was only a matter of time before we would actually see someone shot on television and yesterday I saw a police officer roll over someone in his police car at top speed on television and another man shot accidentally by a police. Too many police officers are calling the draw of their gun an accident. ( Feel police are scared. They are not equipped with what is needed to deal with criminals mentally. It’s a kill or be killed mentality similar to the military.)

The first time I remember seeing any get killed on television was when six women jumped from the Rault Center because of a fire. Days later Mark Essex would be killed atop the Howard Johnson’s on Loyola Ave. Many years later, I would find out that Mark Essex was the cause of the fire which caused the death of the six women.
Fruitvale Station is based on a true story that may have been the first incident where people caught the incident with their cell phones. Cops held and brutally beat several black men, but one was killed. There was no justification for this.
I had no idea where this film was going, but I was not expecting that outcome.
Watching anything tragic is not easy to watch whether on the big or small screen. Some people grow up seeing this sort of thing often; it becomes second nature.

Coming soon:  Lincoln, Silver Lining Playbook, Django Unchained, ARGO, August: Osage County,

The rating system - (d) it’s okay, if you like the stars (D) worth a look, especially if you are a fan of the stars (DD) Great cinematography and costumes (DDD) good script, cinematography, (DDDD) Not to be missed (DDDDD) I highly recommend this film



Check out my other blogs:
http://ArtbyDlonzo.blogspot.com
http://dlonzo-OpenYourMind.blogspot.com





Thanks for stopping by, and do come back again or become a follower. Remember to keep an open mind.

No comments: