Monday, May 26, 2014

Film Lover For Pam Grier

 (from Pam Griers early days)

It's Pam Grier day. Today the black goddess turns 65. It all began when I was 11 years old and I saw my first Pam Grier film, Coffy. From that point on there was something that connected me to her. I've followed her career as much as possible, but I've never had the opportunity to meet her. I've tried many times, but it just wasn't meant to be.
(One of my many films posters from the actresses career)

I usually watch some of her films on this day, but since I recently watched most of her films I think I'll do an L word marathon. I've not watched the series in a couple of years. Although I don't have every single film she's ever done, (there are a few I just haven't run across, I do have a substantial collection of her work.) Perhaps I'll take some time out to watch Something Wicked This Way Comes. Pam Grier was the first black actress to have a lead role in a Disney film.
(From Scream Blacula Scream)

Pam Grier has appeared in over 100 films, Jaw Breakers, Class of 1999, Mars Attacks, Ghost of Mars, Twilight People, The Big Doll House, The Big Bird Cage, Bucktown, Sheba Baby, Friday Foster and Foxy Brown just to name a few.

Wherever she is I hope she has a blessed birthday and gets to enjoy many more. Raising a glass to Miss Grier on her special day.

Here's a list of some of my favorite Pam Grier films - Coffy, Fort Apache The Bronx, Black Mama White Mama, The Arena, and Scream Blacula Scream.

Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind and do come back again.

No comments: