Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I Enjoy Movies

In the last week I’ve seen the following movies: Murphy’s Romance which stars Sally Fields and James Garner. It’s a cute film set in a small town. All of the characters are trying something different.

No Way To Treat A Lady stars George Segal, Lee Remmick, David Doyle and Rod Steiger star in this film about a serial killer that takes on several personas to kill beautiful women. It’s a game of cat and mouse as the killer creates a relationship with one of the investigators played by George Segal. Rod Steiger is the serial killer with mommy issues.

Cinderella Liberty stars James Caan and Marsha Mason. James Caan is a sailor whose papers are lost and he gradually falls in love with a woman with a reputation and her son.

Daisy Kenyon stars Joan Crawford, Henry Fonda and Dana Andrews. Other than Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, I don’t recall seeing a film with Joan Crawford before. Since I am working at the Zachery Scott theatre I am interested in seeing Mildred Pierce more than ever since it stars Zachery Scott. Daisy Kenyon is an interesting film with Joan Crawford as an ad illustrator who gets involved in a love triangle. She loves a married guy and another guy loves her. She settles and seems to find happiness until the guy she loves begins divorce proceedings.

Nevada Smith is a western that stars Steve McQueen and Karl Malden.

Irreconcilable Differences stars Ryan O’Neal, Shelly Long, Drew Barrymore and Sharon Stone. After E.T. Drew Barrymore was a hot property, but I didn’t see this film because it just didn’t appeal to me. Drew Barrymore is the film which there had to be a lot of pressure on her. It’s an okay movie about a kid growing up with parents who put their careers before their child.

The New Centurions stars George C. Scott, Stacy Keach, Rosalind Cash, Erik Estrada and Isabel Sanford. It’s a comedy drama about a police squad. It’s not a bad film. I had seen most of the actors before, but this was my first time seeing this film. Everyone may remember George C. Scott as MacArthur. Rosalind Cash made countless movies in the 70’s. Erik Estrada played Ponch in the 70’s show CHIPS and Isabel Sanford was Louise Jefferson on the show of the same name.

Road Games stars Stacy Keach and Jamie Lee Curtis. This was not the best film and I had seen it before only because I am a fan of Jamie Lee Curtis. I saw all of the horror flicks and this was supposed to be another, but it was really a bad thriller. I didn’t recall that it was filmed in Australia the first time I had seen it many, many years ago. Since having been to Australia I picked up on it instantly. It becomes a game of cat and mouse as Stacy Keach, who plays a trucker believes he sees a man burying dead bodies. Jamie Lee Curtis plays a hitchhiker along for the ride. This is no Hitcher, but I’m sure it was influenced by this film or vice versa. Either way its not the best. Unless you are a fan of Jamie Lee Curtis this one I would pass on.

Coming up:
The Seattle International Film Festival just celebrated its 39th year, I’ll review some of my favorite films that I saw. And talk about my experiences from 1994 - 1999.

Thanks for stopping by, and do come back again. Remember to keep an open mind.

No comments: