Friday, July 12, 2013

Another fun filled week of movies

    Since I have the time I’m just watching movies that seem interesting even if I’m not a big fan of the stars. Now that I’m older I see the films from a different perspective. I understand the nature of the film. The Hot Rock stars Robert Redford and George Segal as thieves who are hired to steal an African diamond from a museum and return it to its homeland. It’s an interesting film that also stars Moses Gunn.
The Sand Pebble stars Steve McQueen in what is considered his best performance. I’ve seen a few of his films, The Great Escape, of course The Towering Inferno which brings Steve McQueen and Paul Newman together for the first time. Supposedly the stars didn’t like each other, but it was fueled by the studios. Anyway, Steve McQueen is great as a sailor that seems to have a problem with authority. There’s lots of action in this one as the Chinese revolt against the American sailors.

There was a double feature of Cary Grant films, That Touch of Mink which starred Doris Day and Operation Petticoat which also starred Tony Curtis. Both films are quite enjoyable. I remembered seeing Operation Petticoat when I was younger, but I only remembered a few scenes from the film. The one where the girdle was used to activate one of the pumps and the pink submarine. It’s the story of five stranded female officers who are rescued and brought aboard the submarine to work long side the men.
The battle of the sexes begins almost immediately among the flirtations.

Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind and do come back again.

No comments: