Wednesday, May 4, 2011

River Phoenix

My Own Private Idaho

Sometimes I’ll watch a film and it will trigger a memory about an actor and I’ll feel like watching one of their films. That was the case recently when I watched Sneakers which starred Robert Redford, Sidney Poitier and River Phoenix. It made me think of some of River Phoenix’s earlier work, The thing called Love, Stand by Me, Running on Empty, Mosquito Coast and My Own Private Idaho.

River Phoenix was like James Dean. There was something about him on screen that you were just draw to him. He really got into his roles and perhaps that could have been the downfall. Artists of any magnitude are a misunderstood people. Everyone has a different way of getting into their creative frame of mind.

The thing called Love makes me think of James Dean. River Phoenix’s performance is exceptional. I often wonder what things would have been like if he were still alive. Would he have been offered the parts that went to Leonardo Dicaprio? I think River would have been a great Howard Hughes. He brought a lot into the characters that he played on the screen.

Thanks for stopping by, do come back and become a follower while you’re here.




www.artbydlonzo.blogspot.com

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=54325957

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=54365247

No comments: