Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sounder

I had this film in my collection for many years. I bought it by accident because I saw the title and just assumed it was the original. This is a remake which is directed by Kevin Hooks who played the young boy in the original. I had no idea they had remade this film and why? I’m not crazy about remakes unless they are going to do a better job. Cicely Tyson was great in the original. I remember we went to see this film as part of a school field trip. It was something they felt it was important for us to know. On the surface the film didn’t stick with me because I really didn’t remember much about the film except that the Dog was named Sounder and even that had escaped me. The film was about determination and not giving up. Paul Winfield who played the father in the original, also makes an appearance as the school teacher.

Thanks for stopping by, do come back and become a follower while you’re here.

No comments: