Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Feet

I watched the film Happy Feet last night. It was by an accidental choice. The room where I normally watch movies were very hot and I didn’t want to turn on the air because I’m trying to save money. Anyway, I decided to watch TV in the guest bedroom which is a lot cooler since the sun had already passed on that side. That room rarely gets a lot of sun which is great. Its also where I make my office. So I decided to watch the movie because I also wanted to see 20/20.
I’ve always said that animation isn’t always for children. The characters are cute, but the adventures and innuendos aren’t for the little ones. I realize now that it’s a good way to get a parent and child to have a conversation. Its not always the conversation that the parent is expecting, but it’s a conversation just the same.

I remember one time I was watching a program with a friend of mine and her young son and the three legged man came out. He wanted to know where the man’s thing was. Well that was an interesting conversation.

Happy Feet is a cute film on many levels. I laughed and I felt sorry for the little creatures. It’s a story about being different and trying to be accepted. It’s a story of humans and nature. We have to make a conscious effort to realize what we are doing to each other. It doesn’t matter if it will help solve global warming or not. We are just hurting ourselves. We rely too much on technology and we don’t do things for ourselves. We have become consumed by stuff. Stuff that we can’t take with us. We are not Egyptians so we are not going to be buried with it.
Think about the people that have gone through major disasters. If you were in that situation, what would you grab first? In some cases you can’t grab anything. Sometimes the frame of mind isn’t thinking about that so you know what is really important.

I knew Happy Feet was going to get serious when the Guru was wearing the plastic device that is used to hold six packs. This was not a fashion statement. For some people not leaving their own backyard they don’t get to see what is around them. There are many people that don’t walk to the park or check out their neighborhoods. If you did then you could see the debris in the street that might go into a drain the minute a strong wind or hard rain comes along. You can see the candy wrappers or water bottles floating in the lake.

Check out the film if you want a few good laughs. It’s great fund despite the heavy message lurking in the ice.

www.artbydlonzo.blogspot.com

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=54325957

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=54365247

www.filmloverpg.blogspot.com

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=38275088

www.n4cersworld.com

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/civil_rights/

Check out the above links if you haven’t already. Watch for new links.

Time to get back to reality. Rebuilding my life, one step at a time.
Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind. What is meant to be…

No comments: