Monday, April 20, 2009

2001: A Space Odyssey



2001: A Space Odyssey - Stanley Kubrick’s film which came about from a four year collaboration writer Arthur C. Clarke. I was just a kid when this film was released and I really wasn’t interesting in films about outer space, but I was always curious as to what was out there. I love looking up at the stars and the moon. Even the sun had a profound affect on me as a kid.
The music and visuals move this film like all of Kubrick’s films. He’s very visual and sexual. The film is clean, and the lines are crisp.
Most people let their imaginations wander from time to time. (See my imagination run wild in the above drawing)
You ask yourself what if… there are many people that were inspired by the film. Just about everything in the film has come to reality. We have talking computers. We’re spending more time in space, we have video phones, tracking devices. Scanning devices from eyes, voice and fingerprints. There’s the Internet that has made it such a relevant way to stay in touch, do business and meet new people. What was once thought of as science fiction is now the reality of science.



Check out the above links if you haven’t already. Watch for new links.


Time to get back to reality. Rebuilding my life, one step at a time.
Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind. What is meant to be…

No comments: