Friday, April 7, 2006

16 Blocks

I decided I would take in a movie while I was in NOLA. I haven't been to the movies since I saw King Kong. I've been watching a lot of television while I'm in NOLA. A lot of television for me is watching more than Oprah. I've been watching Deal or No Deal, come on can't we do better than this? I do enjoy The Amazing Race. I can picture me and my brah hiking and pushing each other to the limits to win the big prize. LOL. Survivor has always been interesting and I love the CSI shows and The Unit. Of course I've also been watching the news and reading the local newspaper. Things I normally don't do. Old habits are hard to kill. LOL. Okay, now back to our feature presentation, 16 Blocks. I had no idea what the film was about, but because Mos Def was attached to the film I wanted to see it. That's how I choose my films. The film also stars, Bruce Willis and David Morse. It's a film filled with dialogue, action and twists and turns. Mos Def gives the best performance of his career to date. He just continues to escalate and in time he'll be nominated for an Oscar if he continues to select the same great roles. It's a film about change and proving to people that it can be done. Anything is possible. Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind.

No comments: