Sunday, October 29, 2023

The horror fest continues



 I have been watching movies I have never seen before. Yesterday I watched a movie called Becky with Kevin James, Joel McHale, Lulu Wilson and Amanda Brugel. It just seemed interesting. It's one of those revenge type movies with a twists. The opening sequence is interesting as we get to see the two stories that will soon intertwine, intertwine. What's different about this movie is that it is a child that is getting revenge for seeing her father killed as they were just beginning to reconnect. The character is only 8 or 9 years old so there is no way this child will ever recover from this, but things do happen. Not sure if there would be a sequel, but it could be interesting. How many times can a person go through tragedy? Several times, I know, I've been there. If you are looking for something different and you want to see Kevin James in a more serious role, I recommend checking Becky out.

The other movie I watched which was very interesting was called 65, starring Adam Driver. I am not sure where Adam Driver came from, but I saw him in a Gucci opposite Lady Gaga and Black Klansman and he was really good and has given great performances in everything I have seen him in. In 65 he plays a spaceship pilot whose craft crashes and it turns out to be earth, 65 millions years earlier. His character is believed to be the only survivor until he discovers a young girl. The two battle prehistoric creatures while trying to get to the pod to get help or leave. It's has a lot of moments to make you jump and sit on the edge of your seat. I love movies when there aren't a lot of characters if it is done right.

I watched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I had not seen it in years. It has been remastered in 4k. I am not sure if the music changed, but it was bad. The remake that was made several years ago with Jessica Biel is really good.

I wonder why no one has tried to change the soundtrack to some of the 70 movies when they are remastering them. It would certainly change the feel of a lot of the movies, especially the Last House on the Left. Without the music it would be terrifying.

Speaking of 70's movies, another movie I watched was called X. The movie is set in the 70's. It is about a film crew that is making adult movies at the beginning of the VHS craze. Most filmmakers went this route to hon their craft because it was cheaper and easier to distribute right to someone's door step. They rent a place from an older couple who we suspect is unaware of what the young adults are up to. I don't want to give away too much, but this movie has a lot of messages going on. The movie stars Mia Goth in a dual role, Jenna Ortega, Kid Cudi, Martin Henderson, Brittany Snow and Owen Campbell. It's another movie with a small cast. Directed by Ti West, it is done very well and tasteful. There is a blood and gore and some nudity.

The Pope's Exorcist was something I stumbled upon, starring Russell Crowe. This one is based on an actual story as was the original Exorcist written by William Peter Blatty. The story was about a young boy and the character became the young girl Reagan. In the Pope's Exorcist a young boy is believed to be possessed by demons.

Time to get back to the movie watching. Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind and do come back again.

No comments: