Sunday, May 8, 2022

There are just so many movies...

 


There is no way that one can see every single movie and really take it in and give a favorable opinion. When I watch films or movies, I have to be in a certain mood for some subjects. As I get older I find myself not being able to stay up as late now watching movies. My body is starting to tell me to go to bed before midnight. Now it could be natural since I wake up early, or it could just be that the film or movie just isn't holding my interest. I would like to say it's because I wake up early and it's finally catching up with me.

Between Amazon Prime and the library I have been in movie watching overload. Some of them are quite memorable and others I can't remember the title or who was in it. There are so many actors that I've never heard of some of the people. I usually watch a movie based on the subject matter, but sometimes it's because of an actor or actress. Recently I watched two movies because it starred Norman Reedus from The Walking Dead. It's funny because one of the movies I had seen many years before The Walking Dead, but I didn't really remember him in The Boondock Saints. At the time Sean Patrick Flannery was an up and coming star. I had forgotten that Willem Dafoe was in the movie, but it all came back to me when I started watching as to what my mind had stored. I have to try and remember to write down the movies I watch on Amazon and I need to write what I am going to post here first so that I don't repeat certain things. Of course there is a possibility I may have watched something a second time such was the case with Game Night and Bridesmaids.


Last night I watched The King of Staten Island with Pete Davidson. I like Pete on SNL and since the story was supposed to be about him I thought I would check it out. It was okay and it had some moments. Hopefully he'll get a chance to do something else that can showcase what he can do.

I watched M. Night Shayamalan 's film OLD. This was one that I wanted to see because of the subject matter. It was interesting, but it is slow at times. The aging is instant so the camera goes away and when it comes back some one has aged. It's the children that have the drastic change. There are some moments where you wish it had been explained a little more, but the premise is different.


Another movie I watched was Kill Bill, Vol 1. Now I am a fan of Quentin Tarentino, but I am not sure why I never really cared to see Kill Bill. Perhaps I thought since the leads were female I wouldn't enjoy it... I am really not sure. I like Quentin's handling of dialog, it's realistic. People talking over each other and sometimes the audience may miss something just like in real life. I will have to see if I can locate Vol 2 and see how it all ties in. I was disappointed that Vivica Fox wasn't on the screen longer.

The Hitman's Wife's, Body Guard- Once you get past the language it's quite the entertaining movie. I had met Salma Hayek many years ago at the Seattle International Film festival. And I photographed Ryan Reynolds at SXSW in Austin.

I was not impressed with Ghostbusters After Life. I felt it took too long to get to the action. The best part for me was the little marshmellows. I will probably watch it again just to see if I feel differently the second time around.

I've been watching season 2 of the series on Prime, The Wilds. Season 2 is much better than season 1. At the end of season 1 we are left with a cliff hanger that the same experiment is being conducted on the island with a group of guys.


Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind and do come back again.

No comments: