Thursday, February 22, 2018

Red Tails

(Dlonzo by Artography by Dlonzo, "It's not just a photograph, it's ART!"

Check out my new podcast- www.podbean.com


During the month of February I specifically make a list of films with black actors to watch. Because I can't seem to access this blog from my phone, I pay more attention to my main blog so that I can keep my readers up to date.

Last night I decided to watch the movie Red Tails. The first time I watched this film I was not into it. There are many reasons for this. One I felt the story had been told and I don't like remakes. For some reason I thought some of the same actors were in the film, but it turned out only Cuba Gooding, Jr, was in the original.

Although I still don't think the movie is as good at The Tuskeegee Airmen, I did like some elements of it. The film focuses more on the flying then the politics and prejudices that the men faced.
There are some great actors in this film that I have now had to see in other roles. This may also be one of the reasons why I feel differenly about the movie than I did the first time I viewed it.

The movie stars, Cuba Gooding, Jr, Terrence Howard, David Oyelowo, Nate Parker, Triston Wild,and Michael B. Jordan among others. Sometimes when a movie deals with a lot of special effects, the storyline suffers. There are instances where there are too many stories trying to be told. I think George Lucas tried to make it a Pearl Harbor and there just wasn't as much time. If the film had been longer, but its not always important what the men did outside of the military. There also seemed to be a difference of opinion as to how the men became known as Red Tails.
I recommend if you've seen this film watch The Tuskeegee Airmen and if you haven't seen either, I highly recommend The Tuskeegee Airmen.

That film stars, Laurence Fishburne, Cuba Gooding, Jr, Malcolm Jamal Warner, Courtney B. Vance, Allen Payne and Andre Braugher to name a few.


www.dlonzo-OpenYourMind.blogspot.com
www.ArtbyDlonzo.blogspot.com
www.filmlover4pg@blogspot.com
http://psychedmaster.org

Thanks for stopping by; keep an open mind. Do return to see where the journey leads.

No comments: