Saturday, February 7, 2015

Nebraska



Here is my rating system. DDDDD highly recommend. DDDD It should be watched. DDD Entertaining DD So, so if you like the stars. D Just out of curiosity watch it.
(I like all movies. Even those that most people don’t like, it makes for great conversation. Just the idea that someone was able to get a film made is an accomplishment.)

Nebraska - DDDD Some people are fortunate to have parents who will do anything for them. Some parents are fortunate to have kids that will return the favor.

As most of you know, the majority of films in my collection are there because I’ve met an actor, or I can relate to the film on a personal level. Both of my parents were very important to me. They did things I never expected them to do. I did my best to make sure I took care of them the best that I could.

That is what I loved about the film Nebraska. Although the family was more dysfunctional than mine, I understood how a son could put his life on hold to help out his father. The son, played by Will Forte, goes out of his way for his father to ease his conscious when he believes he has won a million dollars. We meet a lot of interesting characters along the way as the son takes his father back to reunite with family he hadn’t seen in many years.
The film is about family, sacrifices, and making people happy. There are moments that will make you laugh, feel sentimental and think.
The film stars Bruce Dern, Will Forte, June Squibb, Stacy Keach and Bob Odenkink.

No comments: