Friday, January 24, 2014

Houseboat & Transsiberian

 (I just thought I'd include a photograph. I want to start including images that reflect the movies. I don't have pictures of all of the films that I watch, but I'm going to start looking for my catalogs and scan images from films or stars.)

It had been a very long time since I had seen the film Houseboat with Sophia Loren and Cary Grant. Cary Grant is a widower taking care of three kids. He has to alter his life to keep the kids together. He meets a spoiled Italian woman, played by Sophia Loren. She becomes the house keeper and when the home they are to move into gets demolished by a train, they move into a houseboat. They work together to create a home and become a family again. The little kid that plays Roberto steals every scene he is in. I don't recall when I saw this film for the first time, but I do remember Sophia Loren. This was probably the first film I saw her in, but the film Two Women is my favorite. (DDDD) It's a fun film with several messages. The importance of family and being honest with one another.

Transsiberian (DDDD) stars Woody Harrelson, Emily Mortimer, Kate Mara, Eduardo Noriega, Thomas Kretschmann and Ben Kingsley. I had never heard of this film before. I was in Dollar Tree and it seemed like something I'd be interested in seeing so I picked it up. I didn't have any expectations for the film, but I got quite the surprise. The case didn't give anything away which is what I like. There were lots of surprises as each character was dealing with a lie. It's a very good movie. Emily Mortimer plays an amateur photographer and the visuals which she captures and the cinematography made the film very inspiring. I highly recommend this film if you can find it. The film was written by Brad Anderson and Will Conroy. It was directed by Brad Anderson. This film does include some violent scenes of torture.

Although I haven' seen any films that are nominated for Oscars, I'm going to look at the list and make my predictions.
Check back to see if you agree.

Thanks for stopping by; come back again and keep an open mind.




No comments: