Monday, June 3, 2013

Movies, TV network

My Pam Grier film fest is in full swing. I’ve watched The Arena, The Big Doll House, Sheba Baby, On The Edge and Stand Alone. There are still many more films to watch.

I’ve discovered a new channel called Movies, TV network. It’s a mixture of classics and film from the 70’s and 80’s. I like this station because I get to see films that I may have never seen. I had only heard about The Girl Can’t Help It with Jayne Mansfield. I don’t recall ever seeing one of her films. I do remember seeing a movie about her life and how she died in a terrible car accident.

Saturday they will be doing a salute to Marilyn Monroe in honor of her Birthday. I have only seen one of the films that they will be showing so I hope they show that one first so that by the time I get home I’ll be able to watch the other three.

So far I’ve seen part of Take A Hard Ride, Emperor of the North, Phone Call from a Stranger, Fighting Man, and The Star Chamber. I had never seen any of these films before.

I’ve been trying not to watch as much of regular television now that most of the shows have done their finales. I don’t want to get into watching any of the new shows although I did watch Rookie Blue last week. If I can break away from the television routine then I can use that time to create more art.

As soon as I’m finished with my Pam Grier fest I’m going to watch some of my favorite films that I’ve seen at the Seattle Film Fest over the years. Come back to check out some of my experiences with the stars and what I thought of the films.

Some of the films will include: Lotto Land, Orlando, Love and Human Remains, Headless Body in a Topless Bar, Bad Boy Bubby, Fortress, The Abyss, Dream With Fishes, Inside the Goldmine, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Romper Stomper and a few others

No comments: