Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Moonrise Kingdom

I am learning that just like you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, you should judge a film by its title. A friend gave me a copy of the film Moonrise Kingdom. I had remembered the title from the Oscars, but didn't know anything about the film. I thought it might be a serious film or perhaps a documentary. Usually I have to be in a certain mood to watch certain movies. Foreign films, documentaries and any thing over two hours, I reserve for Sunday afternoons. That way they have my full attention and I don't miss anything important.
Moonrise Kingdom is directed by Wes Anderson and stars, Edward Norton, Bruce Willis, Frances McDormond, Bill Murray, Bob Balaban, Tilda Swinton and Harvey Keitel. I didn't know what to expect from this film, but it was quite a surprise. It was funny, sad and it made a statement. There are some amazing visuals which is a signature of Wes Anderson. The film is about young love, trying to fit in, abandonment, infidelity,mental illness, forster care and social services.

If you are a fan of any of the actors or the director, check out this film.

No comments: